Eddins Creativity Contest
*Dance *Music *Visual Art *Photography *Film *Writing
Choose 1 category… or all 6!
The contest theme for 2019 is “Look Within”... whatever that means to YOU! There is no right or wrong interpretation! Students, you are asked to include a 10-100 word “artist statement” on the entry form describing how YOU see your work relating to the theme. Don’t overthink this- and certainly feel free to ask a teacher for help if you get stuck on this part. :)
Eddins Reflections Creativity Contest
Sponsored by Eddins PTA
*Visual Arts *Photography *Film *Dance Choreography *Literature *Music Composition
Prizes given for each category! You may enter for one category or as many as you want
2019-2020 Theme: “Look Within” (whatever that means to YOU!) See page 2 for category guidelines
Parent email: _____________________________________________
Artwork category: _________________________________________
Name of artwork: __________________________________________
Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities, or may choose to enter grade division. Special Artist Division: Yes or No ____________________
Parent signature verifying this original artwork is the work of the student alone: __________________
ARTIST STATEMENT (REQUIRED): Statement must be 10- 100 words describing how your work relates to the theme. *Many times, the artist statement will make a huge difference during judging because this is where you as the artist can explain in your own words, your thoughts and feelings for the piece.
Questions? Email PTA VP of Academic Enrichment Jessica Karam at email@example.com
Deadline November 1, 2019
Reflect on the theme, Create art, Be recognized!
Eddins Reflections Creativity Contest Category Guidelines:
- Visual Arts: Accepted forms of visual art include: 2D original print, drawing, painting, collage (cut and pasted materials such as clippings and photos), metal etching or punch work, fiber work or computer-generated artwork. Frames and artwork containing loose materials are not accepted. Matting is accepted. Dimensions must not exceed 24x30 inches, including mat. Paper entries must be mounted on sturdy material. 3D objects (i.e. beads, pasta, etc.) glued to artwork is not permitted. Artwork must be 2D.* Packaging: attach student entry form to back with sheet protector.
- Dance choreography: Solo and ensemble works of all dance styles are accepted. Entrant must be the choreographer and may also be the performer, or one of the performers. If background music is used, cite on entry form. Video file must not exceed 5 min. and 1 GB in size. Accepted formats: AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, MP4. Packaging: Flash or disk inside envelope with student entry form attached to outside in sheet protector.
- Film Production: Accepted short film styles include: Animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or media presentation. Use of PowerPoint is prohibited. Entrant must be the screenwriter, cinematographer, editor and producer. If background music is used, cite it on the entry form. Video file must not exceed 5 min. and 1 GB in size. Accepted formats: AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, MP4. Packaging: Flash or disk inside envelope with student entry form attached to outside in sheet protector.
- Literature: Accepted forms of fiction and nonfiction include: Prose, poetry, reflective essay, screen play and play script, narrative, and short story. Entrants may write in their primary language as long as an interpretive English translation is also attached. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Writingmust not exceed 2,000 words and may be handwritten or typed. Accepted format: Single-sided on 8 ½x11” paper. Packaging: 3 copies of literature inside folder with student entry form attached to outside.
- Photography: Photo must be a single print. Collages and collections of photos are not accepted. Entrant must be the photographer and may use a variety of digital editing techniques including but not limited to, multiple exposure, negative sandwich and photogram. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Print image dimensions must be no smaller than 3x5 inches and no larger than 8X10 inches. Final product should not be larger than 11x14 inches with matting. Framed prints are not accepted. Packaging: attach student entry form to back with sheet protector.
- Music composition: All music styles and combinations of instrumentation are accepted. Entrant must be the composer and may also be the performer, or one of the performers. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Audio file must not exceed 5 min. and 1 GB in size. Accepted formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, ACC, FLAC. Printed Notation (score/tabulature) is only required for middle and high school divisions. Packaging: Flash or disk inside envelope with student entry form attached to outside in sheet protector.
DUE DATE is NOV. 1st…so GET CREATING!